- You can download Reddit videos to your computer or phone in two ways.
- The RedditSave website allows you to quickly download any Reddit video or GIF – all you need is a link.
- Most devices also allow you to record your screen, which you can use to record a Reddit video.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference Library for more stories.
There are few websites bigger than Reddit. And with thousands of videos posted and shared on the site every day, it doesn’t take long to find a video you’ll want to save.
But like most social media sites, Reddit doesn’t allow you to right-click and record videos. To download a Reddit video, you will need to use additional tools.
Here are the two best ways to download and save Reddit videos to your device, whether you’re using a computer, iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
How to Download Reddit Videos
There are dozens of websites that claim to be able to download Reddit videos, but the most reliable option is RedditSave. RedditSave is a free website that lets you download videos to any device.
And unlike some download sites, it saves videos with audio included. It also offers a bot version that you can use directly on Reddit, as well as an extension for Chrome and Edge.
To use it:
1. Find the Reddit post containing the video you want to save, then click or tap the Share option at the bottom of the article.
2. In the menu that appears, select the Copy link or just Copy option.
3. Head toward RedditSave website and paste the link into the text box at the top of the page, then press To download.
4. Wait a moment for the video to process, then tap one of the download links it offers: Download HD Video or SD versions.
5. Depending on your device, the video will start downloading immediately or ask if you want to download it. Choose the To download option.
Check the Downloads folder on your device (or wherever you’ve chosen to save it) and you’ll find your saved Reddit video.
With a screen recording
If you don’t want to use a website, your device’s built-in screen recording feature also works. This method is a little messier – you’ll probably have to cut your video a bit to remove the few seconds where you’re fiddling with the controls – but it’s free and fast.
First, open Reddit on your device and get ready to play the video you are trying to save. When you’re ready, start your screen recording, then play the video. When the video is over, stop recording.
To record the screen on a Windows PC, tap Windows key + G to open the game bar. Once opened, find the Capture window (usually in the upper left corner) and click the Start recording button. All your recordings will be saved on the Videos folder on your
. See our full article on recording your PC screen for more details.
On an iPhone or iPad, you first need to enable the screen recording feature in your control center. Once it’s there, just tap the button to start recording everything on your screen. Your videos will be saved to the Camera Roll. Check out our full article for a detailed step-by-step on iOS screen recording.
Depending on your Android device, you may need to activate the screen recorder before you can use it. But once it’s enabled, you should be able to find it by swiping twice from the top of your screen to open the Quick Settings menu. If you have an older Android phone, you may need to use a third-party app instead. Again, check out our full article on Android screen recordings for more information.
For Mac users, things get a bit more complicated. You can use the built-in screen recorder on your computer — tap Command + Shift + 5 to find the option – but this method only records video, not sound. If you want to record the entire video including sound, you will need to use a third-party application like OBS Studio.
Once you’ve recorded and saved the Reddit video, you’ll probably want to trim the beginning and end. Luckily, the default video viewer apps on every device allow you to trim videos.