When trying to install extensions from the Microsoft extension store, Edge users reported seeing An error has occurred, download interrupted. The issue also occurs while downloading files from different websites. Don’t worry because you are not the only one currently receiving the error message. What is important is that there are several solutions that you can try to get rid of the problem and bring Microsoft Edge back to its working form. So let’s get started.
An error has occurred, download interrupted in Microsoft Edge
Here are some suggestions that may help you resolve the An error has occurred, download interrupted problem in Microsoft Edge.
- Clear browser cache and restart Microsoft Edge
- Update Microsoft Edge
- Repair Microsoft Edge
- Disable unnecessary extensions
- Reset Microsoft Edge Settings
So let’s see all these solutions in detail.
1]Restart Microsoft Edge
The first thing you can try whenever you encounter the problem in the question is to clear the Edge browser cache and then restart Microsoft Edge. It turns out that the error message may be temporary and can be fixed with this simple suggestion.
2]Update Microsoft Edge
The problem in the question is prevalent among users who do not have the latest version of Microsoft Edge installed on their system. Each update comes with performance improvements and bug fixes. Thus, it is essential to download the latest version of Microsoft Edge to get rid of the mentioned problem. Here are the steps to update Microsoft Edge.
- To get started, launch Microsoft Edge on your Windows PC.
- Click on the three dots present in the upper right corners.
- In the menu that appears, click Help and feedback.
- To select About Microsoft Edge from the context menu.
- In the next window, you will see the About Microsoft Edge page.
- If there is an update available, it will automatically start downloading, followed by installation.
Once you have downloaded the latest version of Microsoft Edge, restart the browser and check if you are still facing the issue.
3]Repair Microsoft Edge
If downloading the latest version doesn’t fix the problem, you can try Microsoft Edge’s repair feature. This helps get rid of any temporary bugs or issues that are causing the problem in the question. You can repair Microsoft Edge by following the steps below.
To note: Repairing Microsoft Edge will reinstall the browser. But do not worry ; it will have no impact on browser data and settings.
- Go to Windows Settings by pressing Windows hotkey + I.
- Click Apps present on the left panel of the screen.
- In the next window, select Apps and features.
- Here you will find a list of all installed applications.
- Locate Microsoft Edge and click on the three dots present next to the name.
- From the context menu, choose Modify.
- If UAC appears, click Yes.
- Microsoft Edge repair window will appear.
- Click on the Repair option to start the process.
Microsoft Edge will be downloaded and then installed on your system. This will fix any browser-related issues.
To see: How to Enable and Validate Digital Signature for PDF in Edge
4]Disable unnecessary extensions
Different extensions installed on Microsoft Edge can be another important reason for the problem you are currently facing. As a solution, disable all unnecessary extensions on Microsoft Edge. You can do this by following the steps below.
- First, launch Microsoft Edge on your system.
- Click on the three dots, and from the menu that appears, choose Extensions.
- Click on Manage extensions.
- Disable the toggle present next to all unnecessary extensions.
Once done, relaunch the browser and check if you are still facing the issue.
To see: How to Allow or Block Cookies in Microsoft Edge Browser
5]Reset Microsoft Edge Settings
If none of the steps solved the problem, the last thing you can try is to reset the settings. The solution has helped many users to fix the problem and hopefully it will help you too. You can reset Microsoft Edge settings by following the steps below.
- Open Microsoft Edge and click on three dots.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- Click on the Reset options option present at the last left of the screen.
- To select Restore settings to their defaults.
- Click Reset to confirm your selection.
Wait for the process to complete. Once done, you will see that you no longer have the problem.
Lily: Text highlighter not working in Microsoft Edge
How to Fix Broken Download in Edge?
There are several ways to fix download interrupted errors in Edge. But among all, the one that helped many users is resetting Microsoft Edge settings. You can do that by following these steps: open Edge > go to Settings > Reset Settings > Restore Settings to Default.
How do I change the look of Microsoft Edge?
It is very easy to change the look of Microsoft Edge. You can do that by following these steps: open Edge > three dots > Settings > Appearance. You can choose the look you want.
Read more : Fix Microsoft Edge shows blank white screen.