Microsoft has brought the Search Highlights feature to Windows 11 with the new Build 22000.776. Windows 11 update KB5014668 brings this build to Insiders in the Release Preview channel.
The Search Highlights feature was recently announced by Microsoft for Dev Channel Insiders. The release also brings improvements related to Windows remote management and SMB client. See the changelog provided by Microsoft for build 22000.776 (KB5014668) below.
This update includes the following improvements:
- New! We added IP address auditing for incoming Windows Remote Management (WinRM) connections in security event 4262 and WinRM event 91. We fixed an issue that failed to log the address Source IP and machine name for remote powershell connection.
- New! We’ve added the FSCTL_LMR_QUERY_INFO code from the Server Message Block (SMB) forwarder specific to Public File System Control (FSCTL).
- New! We made the order of the SMB client and SMB server cipher suite configurable using PowerShell.
- New! We have introduced search features:
Search highlights will feature notable and interesting moments of what’s special about each day, such as holidays, birthdays, and other educational moments in time, both around the world and in your area. To see search highlights, click or tap the search icon on your taskbar.
For enterprise customers, search highlights will also show the latest updates from your organization and suggest people, files, and more.
Search Highlights will be rolling out to Windows 11 customers over the next few weeks. We take a gradual and measured approach. Wide availability will take place in the coming months. For more information on configuring the group, see Group Setup: Search Highlights in Windows.
- We fixed an issue that could cause an upgrade to Windows 11 (original version) to fail.
- We fixed an issue that displayed Japanese characters incorrectly in PowerShell.
- We fixed an issue that affected the Cloud Clipboard service and prevented synchronization between machines after a period of inactivity.
- We fixed an issue where the Windows Sandbox splash screen was not hidden after starting Sandbox.
- We fixed an issue that prevented a device with Japanese locale from working when you disable End User Defined Characters (EUDC).
- We have activated the InternetExplorerModeEnableSavePageAs Group Policy. For more information, see Microsoft Edge browser policy documentation.
- We have provided the ability to use a network proxy during universal print operations.
- We fixed an issue that could cause consecutive video clips to fail to play in games using DirectX 12 (DX12).
- We fixed an issue that prevented some games from working if they used the XAudio API to play sound effects.
- We fixed an issue that affected some certificate chains for root CAs that are members of the Microsoft Root Certification Program. For these certificates, the status of the certificate chain may be “This certificate has been revoked by its certificate authority”.
- We fixed an issue that prevented Encrypted File System (EFS) files from being used over a Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) connection.
- We fixed an issue that caused a domain controller to incorrectly write Key Distribution Center (KDC) event 21 to the system event log. This occurs when the KDC successfully processes a Kerberos Public Key Cryptography for Initial Authentication (PKINIT) authentication request with a self-signed certificate for key trust scenarios (Windows Hello for Business and Device Authentication).
- We fixed an issue that prevented Bluetooth from reconnecting to some audio devices after restarting the devices.
- We fixed an issue that occurs when the Active Directory Lightweight Directory Service (LDS) resets the password for userProxy objects. Password reset fails with an error like “00000005: SvcErr: DSID-03380C23, problem 5003 (WILL_NOT_PERFORM), data 0”.
- We fixed an issue that caused Microsoft NTLM authentication to fail using an external trust. This issue occurs when a domain controller that contains Windows Update Services January 11, 2022 or later, the authentication request, is not in a root domain and does not hold the global catalog role. Affected operations may log the following errors:
- The security database has not been started.
- The domain was in the wrong state to perform the security operation.
- 0xc00000dd (STATUS_INVALID_DOMAIN_STATE).
- We fixed an issue that caused the Local users and groups Configuration Service Provider (CSP) policy fails when you modify the built-in Administrators group. This problem occurs if the local administrator account is not specified in the member list when you perform a replace operation.
- We fixed an issue where malformed XML inputs could cause an error in DeviceEnroller.exe. This prevents CSPs from being delivered to the device until you reboot the device or fix the XML.
- We fixed an issue that could prevent Windows 11 (original version) from working when you install an app and there is no network connectivity.
- We’ve updated the Start menu to show Windows PowerShell when right-clicking (Win+X) the Start button after uninstalling Windows Terminal.
- We changed the name of Your Phone app to Phone Link on the Settings page.
- We fixed an issue that caused the Microsoft Surface Dial personalization settings page to not work.