Addons are a crucial part of World of Warcraft as they help enhance the gameplay and user experience of the MMORPG even further.
From displaying information in a specific way to one’s advantage, to improving and customizing user interfaces for each individual player, there are thousands of addons in the game, and when it comes to WoW Classic, the sentiment still rings true.
So if you’re looking to get yourself WoW Classic addons, we’ve got you covered.
How to Download Extensions in WoW Classic
There are two ways to download addons in World of Warcraft Classic.
First, there’s the tried-and-true method of downloading them individually and manually placing them in the game folder. Second, you can download a third-party app or “addons client” that does everything for you. All you have to do is search for the addons you want, click download, and that’s it.
We’ll show you how to do both.
Don’t miss: Check Out Razer’s Ultimate Gaming Laptops Now
How to Manually Download Addons in WoW Classic
Here is a step by step on how to manually download and install addons in WoW Classic.
1. Go to curseforge.com
2. Search for the extension of your choice
3. Open your World of Warcraft folder. This can be done by searching for World of Warcraft in your Windows search bar, going to “Properties” then “Open File Location”
4. From there, click on Classic then click on “Interface” and open the “Addons” folder
5. Drag the newly downloaded addon into the Addons folder
6. That’s it! If WoW is open, just reload your UI, if closed, open it and the addon should be activated. Otherwise, if it doesn’t work, make sure to enable it. This can be done by pressing ESC in-game, going to Addons, and making sure the checkmark is pressed.
READ MORE: The best WoW Classic addons you’ll need in Wrath of the Lich King
How to Download Addons in WoW Classic Using CurseForge
Here is a step by step on how to download and install addons in WoW Classic with CurseForge.
1. First, install CurseForge
2. Once installed, click and choose World of Warcraft from the games section
3. From there, make sure Classic or WotLK Classic (for the latest extension) shows up in the drop-down section next to the search bar.
4. Find the addon of your choice and press “Install”
5. That’s it! Once the installation is complete, it should appear in-game. If WoW is open, simply reload your UI, if closed, open it and the addon should be activated. Otherwise, if it doesn’t work, make sure to enable it. This can be done by pressing ESC in-game, going to Addons, and making sure the checkmark is pressed.
READ MORE: WoW Classic WotLK Phase 1: Launch Schedule, Raids, Naxxramas Release Date & More