Grand Theft Auto (GTA) 5 is available for download on PCs, laptops and consoles, and can be streamed to mobile phones. Developed by Rockstar Games, GTA 5 takes you through the dangerous and action-packed stories of Michael De Santa, Trevor Phillips and Franklin Clinton. Originally released in 2013, GTA V / GTA 5 was available on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 consoles. However, since then GTA 5 has been released for PS4, Xbox One, and Windows PC / Laptop. The game will also launch on PS5 and Xbox Series X | S next year. In this article, we are going to cover all the basics using which you can download GTA 5 on PC, and how to play GTA 5 on mobile phones, and more.
Read more: GTA 5 cheats PC, PS4, Xbox, phone: full list of GTA 5 cheat codes
How to download GTA 5 for PC
The availability of GTA 5 for PC was big news for gamers around the world. They no longer depend on the GTA 5 game on consoles. Downloading GTA 5 for PC is available through Steam, Epics Games Store, and the official Rockstar Games store.
How to download GTA 5 for PC online with Steam
If you are using Steam to download GTA V for PC, you will first need to download the Steam app to your system. Follow these steps to download GTA 5 via Steam:
- Go to the Steam website and download the Steam app on a Windows PC
- You can now create a new account or log in if you already have one
- Search for GTA 5 on the Steam app
- Choose the GTA 5 version that suits your needs and budget
- Make payment by debit / credit card or other methods for GTA 5
- After confirming payment, press the Download button to get GTA 5 on your PC
How to download GTA 5 online with Epic Games Store
Similar to Steam, you will need to download the Epic Games Store launcher on your PC. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the Epic Games Store website and download the launcher at the top right.
- Log in to the Epic Games account. You can also create an account using the Registration option.
- Look for GTA 5 in the Epic Games launcher on the system.
- Click the Buy Now button, complete payment, and download the game.
Minimum system requirements for GTA V / GTA 5 for PC
- Operating System – Windows 7/8 / 8.1 / 10
- Processor – Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 / AMD Phenom 9850
- GPU – Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT 1 GB / AMD HD 4870 1 GB
- Memory – 4 GB of RAM
Recommended system requirements for GTA V / GTA 5 for PC
- Operating System – Windows 7/8 / 8.1 / 10
- Processor – Intel Core i5 3470 / AMD X8 FX-835
- GPU – Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 / AMD HD 7870
- Memory – 8 GB of RAM
GTA 5 PC size
To download and play GTA 5 on PC, you will need at least 90 GB of available space. It is recommended to download GTA 5 game file to SSD for better performance.
PC GTA 5 price
GTA 5 is currently sold as part of bundles on Steam and the Epic Games Store. The price and content of these packages at the time of writing are listed below:
- Grand Theft Auto V: Premium Edition (Base Game, GTA Online, Criminal Enterprise Starter Pack) – Rs. 976
- Grand Theft Auto V: Premium Edition and Great White Shark Card Set – Rs. 1,574
- Grand Theft Auto V: Premium Edition and Megalodon Shark Card Bundle – Rs. 2,688
Epic game store
- Grand Theft Auto V: Premium Edition – Rs. 2,321
The price of GTA 5 will change if there is a sale on Steam or the Epic Games Store.
How to play GTA 5 on mobile phones
Although GTA 5 is not officially available on Google Play Store or App Store, you can play GTA 5 on Android and iOS devices using Steam Link. If you purchased the game on Steam, you can use Steam Link to stream the game to your smartphone. Here’s how to play GTA 5 on mobile phones:
Play GTA 5 on Android / iOS using Steam Link
- Download the Steam Link app from the Google Play Store for Android or the App Store for iOS
- Open the Steam Link app and sign in with your Steam account
- Launch GTA 5 via Steam on your PC / Laptop
- Click the GTA 5 icon on Steam Link to stream the game to your smartphone
It should be noted that streaming any game, including GTA 5 via Steam Link, will require a good internet connection. Ideally, cell phones as well as the PC should be connected to a high speed Ethernet / Wi-Fi connection. Along with this, it is recommended to use a controller with Steam Link as touch controls can have latency issues.
Can you play GTA 5 online with your friends?
Yes, you can play GTA 5 with your friends with GTA Online. GTA Online lets you create your own unique character and play high stakes missions and heists with your friends.
Can you download GTA 5 for free?
Many players have managed to officially download GTA V for free through the Epic Games Store in 2020. However, such freebies are extremely rare and we will update this article if we spot any free GTA 5 freebies.
GTA 5 download APK
There are several GTA 5 download APKs available on the web; however, most of them are wrong. We advise you to follow the above mentioned steps to play the game on Android mobile phone, PC and laptop.