- To download Windows 11 ISO without product key, you can follow the same steps as usual, but with a little twist.
- Before proceeding with the installation process, check the system requirements for Windows 11.
- Do not miss our section explaining why you should activate your operating system.
XINSTALL BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE
As of today, Windows 11 has long passed the beta stage and you are no longer required to participate in the Windows Insider program in order to update to the final version of the operating system. Thus, we are going to show you how to download Windows 11 ISO without product key.
You can even get away without entering a product key, allowing you to use the new operating system completely free of charge.
However, as you will see in our last section, you might want to reconsider buying a product key because an unactivated operating system has some disadvantages. But for now, let’s see what are the system requirements for Windows 11 and then move on to the installation process. To follow!
What are the system requirements for Windows 11?
In general, as long as your computer or laptop meets the minimum requirements, you’ll be able to update to Windows 11 the same way you normally would for newer iterations of Windows.
Here are the minimum requirements shared by Microsoft itself on its official page. Once you meet them all, you can proceed with the installation process:
If you are looking for more information than Windows 11 requirements, such as its specifications, compatible devices, and processor compatibility list, we recommend reading our linked article. Now let’s move on to downloading Windows 11 ISO without product key.
How can I download Windows 11 ISO without product key?
Use Microsoft’s page
- Go to the official Microsoft page for Windows 11 downloads and scroll down until you come across the Download Windows 11 Disc Image (ISO) section. Now click on Select download and choose Windows 11.
- Hit it To download and select the desired language. Finally click on To confirm and 64 bit downloadonce it appears.
- Once the ISO file is downloaded, right-click on it and choose To go up. Alternatively, you can use Power ISO to mount the file. The software allows you to perform more actions such as ripping, editing, creating and converting ISO files.
- A new virtual drive will appear in your File manager the window. Click on it, then double-click on the installer file to start the installation process.
- When you will be asked to enter a product key, simply click on the To jump button, or do it later, depending on what you get. You will be able to use Windows 11 without activating it, however with some drawbacks.
Why activate Windows 11?
The Activate Windows message will continue to appear in the lower right corner of your screen as long as a Windows PC is running on it, which is not activated.
Despite the fact that there are several methods to remove the Activate Windows watermark, it is possible that it reappears if there is a problem with the registry files.
Alternatively, if you do not want to make changes to files in Registry Editor, you will need to accept this watermark as part of your computing experience.
If you don’t activate Windows 11, you won’t be able to change your personalization options. In other words, you won’t be able to change your wallpaper, theme, title color, start menu color, transparency, or any other aspect of your computer.
This is arguably the most inconvenient aspect of not having a properly activated copy of Windows, as you will have to stick with the default settings.
In addition, many messages, issued at regular intervals, may invite you to activate your Windows installation with a product key. This pop-up notification may appear while watching a movie or reading an article on the Internet, depending on your location.
If you decide to activate your operating system, we recommend that you only purchase product keys from the official vendor itself, otherwise you may catch a virus or even purchase expired license keys.
For more information on activation, be sure to check out our article on what to do if you can’t activate your copy of Windows 11.
Alternatively, if you get error code 0xc004c060, see our article on how to fix Windows 11 activation error 0xc004c060.
Users also reported receiving error number 0xc004f213, which we responded with a complete guide on how to fix the activation error.
Was this guide helpful to you? Let us know in the comments section below as well if you’ll be activating your copy of Windows 11. Thanks for reading!
Start a conversation