Windows 11, Windows 10 users can enjoy a smarter user experience with Microsoft’s free PowerToy app. Know what he offers.
Windows 11 brings some cool features to make computing easier compared to Windows 10. However, Microsoft has some smarter tricks up its sleeve that it has in store for its PowerToy app. Never heard of it? PowerToy is a free downloadable application that brings some utility oriented features to make life easier for business users. The best part? It works on both Windows 11 and Windows 10.
âMicrosoft PowerToys is a set of utilities that allow power users to tune and streamline their Windows experience for greater productivity,â Microsoft says on its webpage. PowerToys is not available on the Microsoft Store and therefore you will need to download it from their GitHub page. You will have to install it manually like the apps of yesteryear.
PowerToy integrates “pro” features into Windows
PowerToy is most likely to appeal to Pro users who use their Windows 11 / Windows 10 PCs or edit videos or photos. However, there are a few features that could also make your daily work sessions in the office easier. Take a look at some of the smart features that we believe could benefit regular Windows PC users.
– Keyboard Manager allows you to customize the keyboard for productivity. You can remap the keys and create your own keyboard shortcuts. This PowerToy requires Windows 10 1903 (build 18362) or later.
– Mouse utilities: You can locate the location of your mouse cursor on the desktop by pressing the “Ctrl” key twice. This will cast a spotlight on your mouse cursor and darken the rest of the screen. For those who have a multiple monitor setup or a large screen TV, this might come in handy.
– PowerRename allows you to rename, search and replace filenames in bulk. It allows you to use regular expressions, target specific file types, preview expected results, and roll back changes.
– Video Conference Mute allows you to quickly mute the microphone and camera on the PC using the keyboard shortcut Win + N. It works regardless of the active application on your desktop.
– With the Windows keyboard shortcut guide, you can see all the keyboard shortcuts available for the current state of the desktop. You will have to use the “Win +?” Â»Combo.
– Image Resizer allows you to resize multiple images at one time. All you have to do is right click from file explorer, resize one or more images instantly. Note that in Windows 11, you will need to right click and then click on “Show more options” to access the Resize option.