Microsoft is rolling out the long-awaited Windows 11 22H2 update through the release preview channel. This 22H2 build marks the one year anniversary celebration of Windows 11. It is codenamed Sun Valley or SV2. Here we are going to see how you can get Windows 11 version 22H2 on your laptop. But before we get to that, let’s break down the most notable features of Windows 11 22H2 so you can know whether you want to update or not.
Key Features of Windows 11 22H2
1. Folders in Start Menu: Windows 11 Start Menu allows you to create folders which would help in better organization of Start menu contents.
2. Drag and drop functionality on the taskbar: You can easily move files between applications on the taskbar.
3. Swipe gestures on Windows touchscreen devices
4. Resizing the Pinned Area in the Start Menu
5. According to Windows Central, other confirmed features of Windows 11 22H2 are Focus Assist integration with Notification Center, new “spotlight” wallpaper feature, new Voice Access accessibility feature, new Live Captions accessibility feature, new layout bar when moving app windows, new Task Manager app, better OneDrive integration with File Explorer, many UI improvements and updates consistency day.
How to get Windows 11 22H2
Windows Business users are eligible for this Windows 11 22H2 Insider Preview, but it will be delivered via Microsoft Intune or via Group Policy. Contact your company’s IT manager to set this up.
According to Microsoft, a device is a commercial device “if it is not running the Home edition of Windows 11 AND is managed by an IT administrator (whether through Microsoft Endpoint Manager or another management solution) or has a key volume license or commercial ID or is joined to a domain.”
This releases more risky builds than Dev Channel and Beta Channel. So be sure to create a backup of your data and do so at your own risk.
This is especially important if you are a regular Windows 11 user and just want to try out the new features. You will, however, need to manually download and install the build (via Settings > Windows Update > Windows Insider Program).
Finally, Microsoft also reveals that users of Windows 11 22H2 Build 22621 will continue to automatically receive new monthly maintenance updates through the Windows Update page.
For other news, reviews, features, buying guides, and all things tech, keep reading Digit.in.